This course opens for enrollment on February 1st, 2024 and closes on February 29, 2024.
Description: This offering is to introduce you to fundamental background information about the general process of hearing, hearing-related appointments, and assistive technology you may be in contact with during these interactions. This webshop comes from the explanation and perspective of a Deaf Audiologist. This webshop also exposes you to information that might be necessary when working with Deaf professionals that support people with hearing differences.
After this webshop participants will:
- increase awareness of various audiological assessments for identifying hearing levels
- be able to identify various assistive listening and communication technology that might be seen in the community and resources for how to continue to remain updated about them
- and will understand specific jargons and concepts related to hearing, including culturally sensitive variations on them.
This webshop will require about 90 minutes of work. You must invest at least 75 minutes or more. There are no set meeting times. All work must be completed by 11:59pm on February 29. You can take this course at anytime during the month of Feberuary as long as you complete the work by February 29 to get a certificate and/or CEUs.
Our webshops and modules are offered through Canvas, an online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
There is no cost to access this offering.Join code if prompted: 6AP9BR
New User to Canvas? You will need to register to Canvas and use the following join code: 6AP9BR
Forgot your password? Click here to reset
Our Self-Directed modules and webshops are offered on demand once opened. Enrollment will remain open until February 29.
All our self-directed tracks are open enrollment which means it is not limited to a specific number of participants.
To be eligible for CEUs you must complete the pre-assessment, watch all the videos, complete self-reflection activities and quizzes, and complete the post-assessment by 11:59pm on February 29th.
St. Catherine University is a RID-approved CMP sponsor. This webshop is approved for .15 professional studies with PPO CEUs.
CEUs will be posted by March 15, 2024.